Bylaws of the Wireless LAN Association
ARTICLE I - Name
The name of this Association shall be the Wireless LAN Association and shall be interchangeable with the terms "WLA" or "WLAN Association".
ARTICLE II - Purpose
The purpose of this Association shall be threefold:
- to open discussions, from a practical viewpoint, with industry regulatory and manufacturing organizations with a view to improving the overall quality of all aspects of the wireless networking industry,
- to provide a standardized methodology best practices framework for the design, deployment, and validation of wireless networks to its membership, and
- to provide a platform to its members on which they can discuss, develop, and learn about industry best practices in an open and welcoming environment.
ARTICLE III - Members
Section 1 - Classification
There shall be one, or more, classes of individual Association members, as determined by the Executive Committee.
Section 2 - Corporate Sponsorship
Any interested and like-minded company may make a donation to provide corporate sponsorship for the Association, to help the Association pursue its goals.
Section 3 - Eligibility
Any interested person is eligible for membership in the Association and shall become a member upon payment of appropriate dues.
Dues and Finances
Section 1 - Dues
- Members shall pay an Annual Dues subscription.
- Annual Dues subscription: WLA members shall submit their dues payment by method(s) outlined on the Association’s website.
- Membership Term. The Annual Dues subscription payment provides membership to the Association for one calendar year from the date payment is credited to the Association’s bank account.
- Delinquent Membership. If the renewal dues payment is not made within 30 days of the member’s due date (1-year payment anniversary), membership will be suspended.
- Reinstatement of Active Membership. Upon dues payment, any suspended member may be reinstated as of the date that payment is credited to the Association’s bank account.
Section 2 - Fiscal Year
The fiscal year for the Association shall be January through December.
ARTICLE V - Officers
Section 1 - Executive Officers
The Executive Officers of this Association shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary, a Treasurer, an Administrator (aka Operations Committee Chairperson), a Standards Committee Chairperson, and a PR & Marketing Officer. These Executive Officers comprise the Executive Committee of the Association.
Section 2 - Term of Office
Executive Officers shall assume their duties at the close of the meeting in which the election results are announced. Executive Officers shall serve a term of 3 years, or until their successors are elected.
Section 3 - Appointed Officers
The President and Executive Committee have the right to jointly, or severally, appoint additional Officers, and/or Committee Chairpersons, as required by the needs of the Association.
These Appointed Officers may be included into the Executive Committee at the discretion of the President and/or the Executive Committee. Appointed Officers shall not be subject to election but shall be installed and released by the President and/or Executive Committee, as required by the needs of the Association.
Section 4 - Vacancy in Office
A vacancy in any office, except President, shall temporarily be filled by a member of the Executive Committee until a successor can be elected.
The Vice-President, only, shall be permitted to temporarily fill any part of the unexpired term of the President until a successor can be elected.
Section 6 - Elections
The Association shall follow its own Election Guideline procedures (which may be found in a separate document)
ARTICLE VI - Meetings
Section 1 - Annual
An Annual Meeting of the Executive Committee, and Appointed Officers (by invitation), shall be held in private, once each calendar, year to discuss the general status, direction, goals, membership, and membership needs of the Association, at a time and place mutually agreed by the Executive Committee. The financial status of the Association shall also be reviewed.
Section 2 - Monthly
Regular Association meetings shall be held on a monthly basis:
- Executive Committee - all Executive Committee members, and appointed officers (by invitation), shall report on status, progress, and problems related to their area of responsibility.
- A General Assembly meeting of the membership shall be held by the Association using an electronic platform. This meeting shall be open to all members.
- Committee meetings (Standards, Operations, etc.) shall be held monthly, as a minimum. Committee Chairpersons, or their assignees, shall chair each meeting. Committee member roll-call shall be taken and recorded into Association archives.
Section 3 - Special
Special meetings may be called on as as-needed basis, by any member of the Executive Committee and shall consist of at least a quorum of Executive Committee members.
Section 4 - Quorum
Three (3) members of the Executive Committee constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE VII - Amendment
Section 1 - Amendment
These Bylaws may be amended at any Executive Committee meeting by a two-thirds vote.
Section 2 - Notification
Any amendment to these Bylaws must be published to the membership, in writing, within sixty (60) days of their ratification. Notification by amendment to an Association webpage, whereon the Bylaws are permanently published, is permitted.
ARTICLE VIII - Dissolution
In the event that the Association is dissolved, all assets shall be liquidated and distributed in accordance with government regulations. No funds shall inure to the benefit of any individual members.
(c)Wireless LAN Association, 2019.